Saturday, April 10, 2010

AaaaChooo


I enjoy the temperatures in Spring, but boy do I hate the pollen. Earlier in the week the pollen count here peaked at a nine year high. Everyone I've talked to has complained and complained about how bad their allergies are this year. Accuweather has information on why. I know personally that I had a continuous headache last weekend and the first of the week. After Wednesday's rain the headache went away. With mostly dry weather forecast for the next few days I'm afraid the symptoms will return. Even Zyrtec didn't help. The Weather Channel also has some good information on our local pollen situation.
The best news so far this Spring is the lack of severe weather in the region. But...it's still early.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've really been suffering with the itchy, watery eyes and sneezing! Everything here is covered in yellow!!

Hey... hurricane season is just around the corner.

Pam said...

The pollen is horrendous around here, especially with all the wind we've had lately.

I've been REALLY suffering in addition to a cold-turned-into sinus infection.

I discovered that the Zyrtec eye drops do wonders for my itchy eyes that feel like sandpaper after being outside right now.

I'm living on Zyrtec D! The regular Zyrtec does nothing. Haven't had these kinds of seasonal allergy problems in decades!

As for the severe storms....they can stay away as far as I'm concerned!