Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's Too Damn Hot


Oh Boy.......another hot day with several more to come. We officially hit 102 yesterday and the same if forecast for the next several days. I guess the silver lining is that yesterday's high was 10 degrees shy of the all-time record high for Little Rock of 112 set on July 31, 1986. I remember that day well. I also remember the summer of 1980 when we had highs of 100 or more for 43 days. You know it's going to be a scorcher when you get up in the morning and the low was only 80.
The worst part of this is that there is no real relief in sight. Keep an eye on the tropics and maybe something will pop up.
Wish I was still in Colorado.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I just came in from the garden and it's definitely hot out there!

I don't think we hit triple digits yesterday though we were forecast to. Yep....it shows 100+ all week for us, too.

Pam said...

It's Nasty hot! Just plain nasty hot!!! I couldn't hardly stand to scoop poop an hour ago! Right now, at 7:42 it's 98. Tomorrow's forecast is 106. Damn!

We're going to see "Cats and Dogs: the Revenge of Kitty Galore" with the boys in the COOL theater!