Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wow!!! What a Storm


This has turned out to be an incredible storm. It just won't go away! My rain guage had 2 inches as of dark last night. This morining I awoke to a full 5 inches - plus. We have received at least 2 to 3 additional inches today and it's still raining. I would venture to guess that west Little Rock has received at least 7 inches, if not more. Gustav has turned out to be a more damaging storm for Arkansas than Rita was 3 years ago. Up to 90,000 Entergy customers were without power at one time today and most of their repair crews are in Louisiana. Then to add insult to injury take a look at Ike. This is one election year that we probably won't "Like Ike".
Let me know what rainfall totals you may have picked up once everything is said and done.
By the way....be sure to check out the blog tomorrow ... somebody is having a birthday!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, indeed! Love the fallen tree photos! Always makes me sad since I lost one of my trees this spring and part of another. :(

We're just getting tons of wind here and a little cloud spit now and then.

We could lose the wind and have a good soaker, in my opinion.. guess I'll have to do more rain dances.

Wish you could share some of that rain.

Kelly said...

We ended up getting 9" of rain out of Gustav at our house.

First time we've seen water going over the spillway of our pond in addition to both pipes.