Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Easy becomes Big Snowy

No...I'm not in New Orleans...this was from last March. As you well know I thrive on unusual and extreme weather events. Overnight and this morning was a perfect example. There was a pretty big snowstorm south of us. Places that rarely see accumulating snow got their money's worth. Parts of Houston got 2 to 3 inches of the white stuff. Even Galveston saw one inch. The storm moved into southern Louisiana and Mississippi early Thursday dumping up to 8 inches at some spots. Baton Rough totaled 3 inches...and even New Orleans had grassy areas covered with an inch of snow. Check out some of the tv web sites from that area and most will have a gallery of photos. Here's one link to one New Orleans station.

As for our weather...no snow....but it was cold. Clouds kept the overnight low to just 30, but with clear skies tonight we should see the upper 20's. Some rain could move in late in the weekend.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How about that snow!

Fairly cold and very windy here today.

Pam said...

I was NOT happy to see the snow go South and East of me! Sleet pellets was all I got!

Well, I've had some bit chill with major wind chill!

How crazy this weather! Sunday will be in the 70s, highs and possible wintry precip by Tues!

I want MY snow!