Friday, April 3, 2009

Somewhere over another rainbow

Thanks to Laura the Leprechaun for these rainbow pictures from after Thursday afternoon's storms. It WAS a spectacular rainbow. Laura tried to reach the end of the rainbow, but she lives so high up on a hill that it was gone by the time she reached the bottom. Once again the elusive pot of gold remains unclaimed.


Channel 4 is making another push this year for weather radios. Meteorologist Mike Francis does live broadcasts most days from various central Arkansas Kroger stores. He will be at the Chenal Kroger on April 16th. It's been a while since I've owned a weather radio. Now they are programmable and will only go off when severe weather is close to your county. "I'll take four of those radios if you please". I'll program one for myself and the other three for the kids.


Roller coaster weather again....warm for a day or two and then cold, especially in the mornings. Some showers may occur on Sunday...but then - Look Out!!! FREEZE WARNING for Sunday night and Monday night. This freeze warning covers much of the state. Northwest could see some low to mid 20s....central Arkansas in the upper 20s...and it may very well freeze as far south as El Dorado. It's rare to have a freeze this late in the season. I believe the official latest freeze for Little Rock is April 19th. Back in the early 80's we actually had a dusting of snow in April 13th and 14th. This may be Winter's last hurrah.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I was at Home Depot today getting a bag of pea gravel. I wandered around the pretty blooms and longed to start filling in the needy spots in my container garden.... HOWEVER, it was rather chilly and I decided to leave with only the pea gravel and just wait another couple of weeks....

You get some amazing rainbows! I love the pics!

I'm tired of the roller coaster. I'm ready to put away the jackets and plant the flowers.

Kelly said...

NO!! I don't want it to freeze! We've already put out our tomato plants.

I use to have a weather radio & should probably still have one. We don't really have a good way to know if a tornado is approaching. Seems like I had trouble getting reception, though.