Friday, December 25, 2009

An Almost White Christmas

OK ...Look closely at the white Christmas we had. After more than 9.50 inches of rain this past week we managed to only see a few flakes fall in the wee hours of Christmas morning. I was not awake, of course. At least it did get cold with a low this morning of 27. I guess I'll officially call this a trace of snow.


Because of the Great Recession we had to skimp a little this Christmas. Below you can see the kids scratching off their dollar lotto tickets....
It really was a good Christmas. As we all get older it gets harder and harder to buy presents. We usually pick out our own gifts. That way there's no disappointment on Christmas morning. Laura was up at 5am, but managed to stay away from out house until 8:00. Claire and John will still rather celebrate Christmas afternoon.

I guess I'll now have to hope for a White New Year.


2 comments:

Pam said...

I got the white Christmas this year! :)

Love the photos! I love the lotto photo! LOL!

Fire looks cozy!

Due to get down to about 25 again tonight. Then highs in the 40s rest of the holiday.

Kelly said...

Let's put off the white new year's until Vic can get back to school... or make it the kind that melts away before she has to leave (on Sunday).

Looks like y'all had a good time. I've always had to wake my kids on Christmas morning.