Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and Time


I've had some good color on my maple trees....but just too few leaves. It got a little warmer than forecast this afternoon with highs reaching the mid 70s. That's too warm for tricks and treats. A few scattered thunderstorms are occurring to the north of us. As usual we will have too much candy on hand tonight and too few trick-or-treaters. So that means we pass out the stuff we don't like first and keep the favorites for ourselves.
Now this IS important. Don't forget to fall back Saturday night. Daylight savings time finally ends. I really don't like it lasting this late. I hate waking up an hour before the sun comes up. Next week should be better.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Personally I don't like Daylight Savings time at all. Wish they'd just leave it alone all year.

Keep Weasley out of the Halloween candy!! (oh, and Bella said to give him a kiss) We never get trick-or-treaters so we didn't buy any candy.

Pam said...

I'm looking forward to an extra hour of sleep this weekend! God, do I ever need it! Besides, I need to rest with my nasty cold and 'man' voice! LOL! Almost NO voice left at the moment.

It got up to 80 or higher today. Nasty, nasty! grrrr..

Lots of trick or treaters! The boys and Trish did the neighborhood while I do what I enjoy most....handing out the goodies to the goblins.

Shut it down about 45 min. ago so I could crash!

When's my cold weather coming back?????

Pam said...

Seems we've had 6 minor earthquakes here in the past 24 hours, two of them this afternoon around Irving and Grand Prairie. All were 3.0 or 2.6.

Interesting.