Sunday, November 23, 2008

It was difinately a Fall Weekend

Everything looks and feels like Fall. Saturday morning was the coldest so far this season with a low of 22 at my house. 23 was the official low at the Weather Service office in North Little Rock and at the Airport on the east side of town. Shortly after sunrise clouds drifted in from the southwest and skies remained cloudy for the rest of the weekend. The cloud cover kept Saturday afternoon highs in the low 40's. The cold temps and clouds reminded me of what would be a perfect Thanksgiving Day. At this time it looks like turkey day will be a little warmer with highs maybe up to 60 and a slight chance of rain. Better chances Thursday night and Friday. Cooler weather is expected the first week of December.

I thought you might find this link to the history of Thanksgiving to be somewhat interesting.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I was sitting in a metal duck blind Saturday morning, all bundled up! Good practice for Wisconsin in February.

Amazing the difference between yesterday and today.

Pam said...

Not gonna be too chilly this week my way. grrrr

CNN told me I was going to get a warmer than usual winter. NOT HAPPY!!!!! :<